[thelist] The Collapse of NSI....????

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Fri Jul 21 11:51:26 CDT 2000

Howdy folks....

I was surfing the whois at NSI and discovered that their whois database is completely
hosed. The information for most NIC handles attached to domain names is simple
missing. Can someone verify that its working or not working for them too? (I even
went to the web pages and locked up my MIC handle. The data is not there.)

Are we seeing the collapse of NSI as a viable register?? I'm already concerned about
my own domain (baratta.com) because NSI says the domain expired in Jun, but I paid
them in time to keep it and the whois does not reflect that change. Sigh. I hate to
predict gloom and doom, but this does not bode well.

I gotta get signed up with TuCows, and soon. ;-)

--
Anthony Baratta
President