[thelist] My MySQL tables got corrupted

Christopher Ditty CDitty at email.usps.gov
Tue Jul 25 08:22:59 CDT 2000

     Can someone give me some examples of how some of my MySQL tables got
     corrupted?  I am running MySql on a *NIX based system if that matters.

     Also, does anyone have any type of solution for when the database goes
     down?  ie....how are you notified?  Mine went down at 11:30pm.
     Luckily, I checked it before hitting the sack.  If I had not checked
     it, it would have been down all night.  My ISP support said that a 10
     line script could do the job, but did not offer anything more than
     saying that.

     Thanks

     CDitty