[thelist] Printing help - thanks

Jay Turley jay at weberrific.org
Tue Jul 25 12:03:41 CDT 2000

Thanks to everyone who responded with suggestions for creating printable
documents from a web application. Our solution is as follows:

The .RTF format will be used. Due to the fact the .RTF files are all in 7-
bit ASCII, are completely compatible with Word, and have a simple file
format, this will enable us to create formatted reports that are completely
printable by clients. This includes formatting options such as page
margins, document titles and creator info, etc. etc.

We will be creating a custom object and API for creating and modifying an
RTF document. The documents, once created, will be saved on the server for
download by clients and deleted when the session is ended.

Any comments are welcome as we have not yet begun development.

  http://www.weberrific.org
 "Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology"