[thelist] ASP: Resetting Session Variables

Michael Galvin mpgalvin at eircom.net
Wed Jul 26 12:44:19 CDT 2000

Hi

I have 2 asp pages, call them x.asp and y.asp.

In x.asp, I'm asking for logon info (name + password) which I'm passing to
y.asp.  Now, y.asp calls a few other .asp pages, depending on which option
the user chooses, so each time I come back to y.asp, I need to keep the name
and password entered in x.asp the first time.

So, I set up 2 session variables, and in x.asp, I'm abandoning the session,
so the variables are reset each time.  Then, in y.asp, I'm checking to see
if there's anything in these variables, and if there isn't, use the form

This works perfectly, as long as I use the menu in y.asp ("Log off" option)
to return to x.asp.  If I use the back button, the session variables aren't
reset, and I can type in any old crap as user and password, and it'll let me
in.

Is there anyway around this?  Can I force the page to refresh itself or
something?  Any help appreciated.

Michael