[thelist] Web Standards Project and Mozilla duke it out...

Jacob Stetser lists at icongarden.com
Wed Jul 26 19:20:22 CDT 2000

As I said earlier in this thread, CSS1 was finalized in _1996_ and
recommended as a standard. It is indeed final and has been for at
least 3 years. CSS2 was finalized and recommended as a standard in
1998.

CSS compliance without complying to at least one of these standards
fully is not true compliance. Even IE5/Mac doesn't manage to comply
to everything in CSS1.