[thelist] cookie on/off detection

Jeremy Ashcraft ashcraft at 13monkeys.com
Tue Aug 1 13:46:12 CDT 2000

> unfortunately, that's the only way to do it.  you gotta set it, check for
> it's existence to see if they accept cookies and if not act accordingly.
>
> when you set the test cookie just don't specify an expires time and that
> cookie will disappear when they close their browser.  that's one less cookie
> to worry about deleting.

Yeah, I ended up doing it like that.  I was just wondering if there was another
way.  I ended up just writing a function to do the check and return true or
false.  Thanks.

And here's a tip for your troubles................................

<tip type="Netscape, Javascript">
Always get annoyed having to type "javascript:" into the Location field when a
JS error occurs in NN?  Just set a bookmark to point to "javascript:" as the
URL and put it at the top of your bookmarks.  Now its only a click away!
</tip>