[thelist] Angora socks comment on DJC article

Villano, Paul VillanoP at usachcs-emh1.army.mil
Wed Aug 2 13:03:58 CDT 2000

Maybe you can put some kind of disclaimer on the page that says:  "Comments
that don't relate to the article being commented on will be removed."  or
something to that effect.

I know that crudeness is often in the eyes (or ears) of the beholders.
Surrounded by ministers, priests, rabbis, imams, etc., I quite routinely say
something that is considered by SOMEONE as being crude.  But some of them
are hyper-religious, so as my father used to say "You've got to consider the
source."  I often use words just for comic effect.  For example, I think the
word "kinky" is hysterical.  It just sounds funny to me, so I sprinkle it
liberally into most of my conversations!!  A hyper-religious minister said
to me:  "Paul!  I'm shocked that you used THAT WORD when it has sexual
connotations!"  I looked back at him and gasped:  "Why, chaplain, I didn't
realize that, but I'm shocked that you would even KNOW words with sexual
connotations to recognize them!!"  Heh-heh.

Stating that irrelevant contributions will be deleted might cut off some of
the senseless chatter (much like a moderated e-mail list) in comments to
articles.  But since I'm such a big offender in the area of being off topic
on e-mail lists , I won't comment too much on that!  ;)

Paul