[thelist] Angora socks comment on DJC article

Jack Schonchin schonchin at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 2 16:08:02 CDT 2000

--- Hugh Blair <hblair at bigfoot.com> wrote:
> I think it should be removed - for only one reason.
>
> It tries to slander one group of people, a religeous
> group.  Socks?  Who
> cares.

  Please learn the meaning of the word "slander."
First, I'd be interested in knowing how you slander a
large, vaguely defined group of people. Second, no one
in their right mind would have taken my comments as
literal. It was clearly a parody. Disapproving of the
parody and slander are two different things.