[thelist] Yet Another Javascript and Dreamweaver Question

Walker, Matthew Matthew.Walker at cdc.org.nz
Wed Aug 2 21:45:05 CDT 2000

> I'm working on a site where, for simplities sake, there are 6
> icons along the bottom(#'s 1-6), and each one has an
> associated rollover.  The problem arises in the fact that
> when you mouse over each icon, it is supposed to trigger a
> second image rollover in the upper corner as well as well as
> on itself.   What I find happening is when I add the second
> mouseover to the actions, and now mouse over the original
> icon, the corner image rolls perfectly, but the original
> rollover on the icon doesn't return to the 1st graphic.

You'll probably find DW is using one variable to store the previous image
name. When you have two rollovers at once one of these previous image names
gets lost as you only have one variable.

A quick and dirty fix would be to copy the function called by onmouseout and
make a special version just for your image in the top left corner with its
own variable name. Then change the onmouseout for this image to point to
your new function.