[thelist] SALARY.COM: Is that right???

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 3 23:02:47 CDT 2000

wtf?

i'm just going to pretend this site is a parody...

i looked up my very own city, where i know maybe 75% of the
web folks in town, including the general (and specific)
salaries of the folks at my competitors (and former
competitors - 3 of 'em went away, really leaves just us...)
and most of the traditional agencies, as well as my own
gig...

i'm making $95k less than it says i should for my title, but
i'm an owner and living on ramen... but the rest of this
city is *easily* making less-than-half to half of what is
quoted on the few job descriptions that actually match
*anything* out there... some are at a quarter or so...

no, this thing clearly has no idea about my metropolitan
area, or the surrounding areas... hell, our cost of living
alone would indicate that we should have a hella lot more
mercedes rolling around town... salaries like this would get
press attention around here, but it ain't happening...

nup... completely out in left field... i mean outta the
park... past the freeway... nothing but nuts...