[thelist] WAI Content Guideline Checkpoint 3.1

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 4 18:26:49 CDT 2000

<http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT/#gl-structure-presentat
ion>

i would say no, it doesn't... *provided* you place the
entire content of the image in an 'alt' attribute... except
you can't always do that, like with MathML...

granted, it says to use markup, but it lacks a strong adverb
to make me feel like it's a necessity, like 'you must use
markup'... i would, as a rule, try to adhere to it, but
all-text images might be acceptable under specific
circumstances...

IOW, i don't know...