[thelist] WAI Content Guideline Checkpoint 3.1

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Fri Aug 4 23:02:52 CDT 2000

Sometimes proper markup exists (for example <H1>) but the browsers
display it inconsistently.  (you can't make H1 look quite like you
want, because of Netscape's bottom padding....)

To be most accessible, you use the markup anyway.

<h1> does a better job at describing structure, and is therefore more
accessible to various user agents.

If _I_ were creating a federal site, I'd use markup for headers and
menus with CSS for display.  If I were creating a layout, I'd make
sure that it worked with as much info as possible conveyed thru text
and markup.

Erika

erika at seastorm.com
http://www.seastorm.com