[thelist] menulist dhtml object

Jim Montgomery jimmi at u.washington.edu
Sat Aug 5 19:57:30 CDT 2000

I'm working on implementing a menulist object
(http://www.dansteinman.com/dynduo/en/menulist.html) and don't know how to
check if the menuitem, themenulist or child menu's are onmouseout so that
the drop down menu's disappear onmouseout. It's the list.js file and the
function I'm modifying is:

//this changes things onmouseout for the sub menus
function ListOut(i) {
	if (!this.items[i].selected)
this.items[i].lyr.setbg(this.color.bgNormal)
//if noitems in this menu selected and this menu not
//selected and no children of this item selected then
//do this:
	else if (???){
		this.menulist.hideMenu()
		this.deselect(i)
	}
}

I've put question marks where I'm not sure how to check for
what the previous comment says. The page I have working is
at:
http://staff.washington.edu/jimmont/dev/

thanks for your help