[thelist] ASP Cookies Expiry Tip

Adrian Fischer info at aussiebidder.com
Sun Aug 6 03:03:35 CDT 2000

Hi Gang,

On a similar vein but to do with perl (but still cookies).  How could I set
and expiration time for a cookie so that it expires in an hour if the user
forgets to close their browser.

Is it as tedious as taking a snapshot of the date/time the cookie is set
then adding 3600 to it?  Im sure there are other issues like, what if they
are still within my site and the time expires.  Can I check for that and add
another hour (Im starting to scare myself).

Thanks

Adrian Fischer

ps.  If I ever get to the point were I think I know what Im talking about
I'll put forward tips.