[thelist] Javascript question

Daniel McMurray mcmurd at ccaa.edu
Mon Aug 7 12:56:50 CDT 2000

Oh Wise Javascript Gurus,

I'm trying to put a JS-based search feature on a site of mine.  I got the
script to work just fine as it is (it's a script that I got from
javascriptsource.com).  However, I was hoping to take it a step further,
and that's where I'm running into a snag.  The script basically opens a
new window and creates a page on the fly.  However, is there anyway for me
to tell the script that it has to output to a specific file that I
created, rather than it creating its own?
I know I can achieve the effect I want through the use of frames, but I'd
rather not go that route.  Instead, I was hoping to output to a specific
file and use SSI to show the output inside the rest of the document.
Perhaps there's another way of doing this, (heck!  I don't even know if
SSI will work for this purpose if I CAN get the desired result with the
javascript!) and I welcome suggestions.
This is where I'm at now, though...

Thanks a lot!
Dan