[thelist] Client Code versus Server Code Article....

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Mon Aug 7 17:21:34 CDT 2000

> This is something that I believe can be tackled with a bit of reading on
> the questioners part.  Therefore, I'm feeling the need for an evolt
article
> on this subject, but I wanted to throw out the idea here for a bit of
> fleshing out. What do you think should be covered in order to bring a
> general understanding of how web coding works to new web coders?

One of the coolest things is using Server-Side script to manipulate
values/methods in client-side script. For a stupid example:

<script ...>
window.location = '<%=myURL%>';
</script>

But it gets so much cooler. Unfortunately, it seems to be extremely hard to
comprehend by even some seasoned programmers. Maybe it's just the type of
thinker you are. Anyway, I think at least a general covering would be good.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com