[thelist] MS Windows NT development book?

Ashish Agarwal ashisha at rsi.ramco.com
Tue Aug 8 01:29:02 CDT 2000

Name starts with "Showstopper : The development .....". I confidently
remember the showstopper part, but the words after that betray a failing
memory.

<tip type="ASP">
I want some data from Form Page 1 to show up in a specified field on Form
Page 2, how should I go about it ?
Through ASP, of course (if ASP is available - and Perl / PHP / CF will also
have their own ways of doing it).
<%
Dim MyFormField1, MyFormField2
' Capture fields sent from Form 1
MyFormField1 = Request.Form("fieldname1")
MyFormField2 = Request.Form("fieldname2")
%>
Then, if you want to carry it even further onto another form, you'll have to
do this:
<FORM ACTION=blah.asp METHOD="POST">
....form stuff here...
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME=name1 VALUE="<%=MyFormField1%>">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME=name2 VALUE="<%=MyFormField2%>">
</FORM>
Through this way, variables can be carried from one form to another, the
only point to be careful being that the user can see these variables by
seeing the source of the page since the <input type="hidden"> can be seen in
the HTML source.
</tip>

Regards,
Ashish