[thelist] Bad Code vs Keeping Job

aphelan (Andrea Phelan) aphelan at confederationc.on.ca
Tue Aug 8 10:03:14 CDT 2000

First, you should always leave alt and size tags on graphics, not only do
they
align and explain graphics for non-graphical browsers, size tags aide in
decreasing the navigatable load time of the site. it's not about having lean
code, it's about having efficient code, and alt/size tags are important.
Second, no code is worth your job. Period. C'mon, it's just HTML.
Third, I don't really see a problem with his way of doing things. In fact, I
prefer it. You can more absolutely control the space between the elements
using
his methods, you have <br> <p> cellspacing="" cellpadding="" height="" and
width="" to play with, not to mention CSS commands if you want. And no table
that simplistic is going to increase the load time of your page to any
extent
that you're going to notice.