[thelist] CSS for Mac and PC

Richard H. Morris richard.morris at web-designers.co.uk
Tue Aug 8 12:17:59 CDT 2000

Hello All,

I have been committing the heinous crime of specifying point sizes in my css
thus:
BODY {
	font-family:  Verdana, Tahoma, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica;
        font-size: 10pt;
        color:black;
	}

I tried setting it to pixels but the effect was very different in Netscape
from Internet Explorer (both on the PC).

Now, although we're waiting delivery of our first iMac (a new-spec DV SE) to
test sites on locally, what I wondered was whether it was possible/better to
specify font size rather than point size, pixel size or percentage?

If so, how?

<tip>
Always rely on thelist for news of new iMacs - it'll save you from buying
instantly obsolete machines...
</tip>

Richard. H. Morris, Web Designers Limited
~~ http://www.web-designers.co.uk ~~
"I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me
          than a full frontal lobotomy"