[thelist] W3C DOM methods and properties

Peter-Paul Koch ppk at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 8 14:12:02 CDT 2000

Hello,

Spurred on by the release of Gecko M17, which finally includes a working
JavaScript console, I took another look at a script I'm trying to develop
and found out to my horror that several key methods of the new DOM, like
removeNode() and replaceNode() are simply not supported by M17.

To get to the bottom of the matter I created a page with all W3C DOM
methods and properties I know, including support notes.

I'd like to ask all of you who have done some work with the new DOM to
review the page, to point out any errors I made and to tell me if you know
of a method or property that isn't yet listed.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/

under 'Version 5 JavaScript'

Thanks in advance,

ppk

PS: For Evolt and HWG: please cc me, I read the digest