[thelist] Looking for a site with a certain type of content...(oo-er)

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Tue Aug 8 19:43:33 CDT 2000

Michael Galvin wrote on 8/8/00 6:50 pm

>They add 5 articles every week.  Instead, I want to add an article on
>Monday, one on Tuesday, etc, etc.  On their front page, then, they'd have
>shortcuts to the last 10 (or whatever) articles and as each day passed, the
>bottom one would 'fall off' and a new one added at the top ("today's
>article")
>
>I'm looking for a site that does things this way.  I know a lot of places
>that have this sort of layout but they also have today's article on the
>front page (teevee.org, suck, etc), and I don't want that, just the links.

You mean like thesite (http://evolt.org/) but without the synopsis/
1st 200 chars of the article body?

Essentially it's a kind of Content Management System you need - we
have a basic one for evolt, but they go up to the million pound mark.
You could also get the slashcode (which is free...).

If you've a vaguely intelligent one, it will also allow you to schedule
updates so you can do all 5 updates on Monday and have them go live
on the appropriate date/time, thus giving you the rest of the week
off to play frisbee golf ;-)

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at members.evolt.org              PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
  tel: +44 (0)778 068 6418                snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
 http://evolt.org/index.cfm?menu=9&uid=32            Edinburgh, Scotland