[thelist] ICANN At Large - membership/nomination

Oliver Lineham oliver at lineham.co.nz
Thu Aug 10 09:39:29 CDT 2000

At 00:08 11/08/00 +1000, you wrote:

>What was maddening was that the ICANN sites were completely overloaded
>for some days before the close off date. I tried about 30 times during
>the week before close off, over a variety of connections, at all hours
>of day and night, trying the English and (I think) Spanish and German
>sites, no luck once past the entry page...  Grrr...

Rest assured that yesterday, despite it being well after the close-off date
for new registrations, it took three attempts at putting my PIN in (the
thing sent by post) before it would work without timing out.

Again:  Pathetic!

Are we supposed to trust these people with the internet infrastructure?

</ol>

     v i b e   m e d i a    http://www.vibe.co.nz/
  po box 10-492              wellington, new zealand
  phone +64 21 210-7845         oliver at lineham.co.nz