[thelist] OT (verbage)

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Fri Aug 11 21:28:18 CDT 2000

>Content Managers, or copy editors or what-job-title-have-you are responsible
>for literally "crafting" better words (or verbiage) to satisfy a message
>that has been entirely conceived by someone else, specifically, the client.

A better term for this would be "editing."

Without ever having heard it used in actual speech, "craft verbiage"
sounds a bit tongue-in-cheek to me.  As if one isn't actually editing
(as in 'editing for clarity') but is actually pumping up the BS aka
buzzwords.

"I am going to craft verbiage..." it sounds slangy, like

"let's purchase some munchables" instead of
"let's buy snacks."

verbiage.  dude!

sounds like CA surfer-talk.

erika at seastorm.com