[thelist] Compaq thin client devices

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sat Aug 12 02:52:37 CDT 2000

Richard H. Morris wrote on 11/8/00 4:44 pm

>> Has anyone used/got strong opinions on the Compaq WinCE devices
>> as consumer devices for internet access?
>
>When I was looking for a PDA, I looked at the Aero range from Compaq.
>
>The only thing that put me off was their physical size - it would have to go
>in a briefcase rather than a pocket - and hence I bought a Palm V.

>Now, call me old-fashioned, but if I want to browse the web I'll use a
>laptop or desktop with a faster connection than 9600bps and a bigger
>screen...

Nah - it's not a PDA, it's more like a set-top box.

(and for PDA, I'll go Palm every time)

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at members.evolt.org              PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
  tel: +44 (0)778 068 6418                snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
 http://evolt.org/index.cfm?menu=9&uid=32            Edinburgh, Scotland