[thelist] SQL

rudy limeback r937 at interlog.com
Sat Aug 12 11:56:44 CDT 2000

>Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error (missing operator)
in
>query expression 'MinimumVehicleSize IN (Motorbike, Transit, 7 Ton Truck)
>and Available = 1'.
>
>So what is the missing operator? And thanks Rudy for your input but I'm
>afraid that didn't work either
>
>SELECT * FROM Deliveries where MinimumVehicleSize IN ("&pcnum&")

hi kev

sorry for the delay, my  home phone has been totally hosed

the answer is, you have to put the individual strings inside single quotes

so

   where MinimumVehicleSize IN ("&pcnum&")

is still okay, but it has to resolve to

  where MinimumVehicleSize IN ('Motorbike', 'Transit', '7 Ton Truck')

but this should be easy, you can do it in your form field values...

rude