[thelist] Critique please (http://squalidnet.port5.com)

elkay lwkraemer at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 12 18:01:50 CDT 2000

Personally, I like the simplicity and the colors. It seems to work well here
on Win98SE, IE 5.

I suspect that Guestbook, Chat and Site don't work as they're still in the
works.

The CSS text size MAY be too small on MAC. I'll leave that for MAC folks.

I don't like images that load in a new window with no obvious way back to
the site. Maybe just an indication that the image will spawn a new window
and do an X to return?

I'm not too keen either on having to download a .zip file to read lyrics. Is
there a reason you can't just show the lyrics?

I think the pages bottom out too abruptly! I feel there should be more, if
even just some white space.

The "home" mouseover/replace effect hurts. A nice photographic image is
replaced by a duplicate of the smaller adjacent image supposedly just to get
back home? It says "go home", but it isn't linked. Where did that nice image
go?  I tried trice but it burns.

Lonnie W. Kraemer
Freelance Web Design/Development
http://www.lkraemer.com
lonnie at lkraemer.com
- t r a n s m i s s i o n   c o m p l e t e -