[thelist] Form quirks with colored backgrounds in Explorer

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Sun Aug 13 08:46:07 CDT 2000

Hi

I've been trying to fix an alignment problem - my search submit button
doesn't line up with my text input box.

I've wasted so many hours on it and have finally discovered that it is
background colour dependant.

the lighter the colour the better the alignment looks.

see http://www.boldfish.co.uk/test.htm  for an example

(Note Netscape users won't see this the same way IE users will!)

I think it has a lot to do with the way IE5.0 draws the 3d effects that make
up the box and button bevel, using different colours (or maybe the same) on
different backgrounds.

Anyway, I've got a dark background on an IE5.0 intranet and the button won't
line up with the box.

Anyone got any clever IE5.0 specific ways of making it look better?

TIA

Tony