[thelist] Critique please (http://squalidnet.port5.com)

rudy limeback r937 at interlog.com
Sun Aug 13 13:50:02 CDT 2000

>> While you're doing that, throw in some title attributes
>> on your links (text and image).
>
>could someone explain what this does? Sorry....

hi dave

short version: tool tip

long version:

   Values of the title attribute may be rendered by user agents
   in a variety of ways. For instance, visual browsers frequently
   display the title as a "tool tip" (a short message that appears
   when the pointing device pauses over an object). Audio user
   agents may speak the title information in a similar context.
   For example, setting the attribute on a link allows user agents
   (visual and non-visual) to tell users about the nature of the
   linked resource:

   ...some text...
   Here's a photo of
   <A href="http://someplace.com/neatstuff.gif"
       title="Me scuba diving">me scuba diving last summer</A>
   ...some more text...

            http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/global.html#idx-title-2

rudy.limeback
r937.com