[thelist] SVG Ideas

Andrew Wojtowski awojtowski at oracular.com
Mon Aug 14 12:53:12 CDT 2000

I just installed Adobe Illustrator 9.0 and included with it is support
for SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) format. This format uses XML to
render vector graphics on the web. I was just wondering if anyone has
used this format? Compatibility issues that you may have run into? Or
any other information on this format would be greatly appreciated.

<tip type="Converting bitmap images into vector images"> In Flash 4 you
can convert your bitmap images into vector images. Import your bitmap
and make sure it is selected. Then go to the Modify menu and select
Trace Bitmap. From this menu option you can select the amount of detail
you want included in the vector rendition of the graphic. After
converting you can export the image as an Adobe Illustrator file and
modify it with your favorite vector program.</tip>
--
Andrew Wojtowski
Web Interface and Graphics Designer
awojtowski at oracular.com