[Fwd: Re[2]: [thelist] Visitor Statistics]

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 14 15:08:41 CDT 2000

for my own site tracking, i set a cookie that expires once per day,
so i get each visitor logged only once per day...

for my splash page, i do it once per month
(http://evolt.org/index.cfm?menu=8&cid=416)...   this also applies
to my screen res tracking
(http://evolt.org/index.cfm?menu=8&cid=2295)...

not the most efficient way, perhaps, but it does the job...

> From: Christopher Ditty <CDitty at email.usps.gov>
>
>      What about using cookies?  Would this be an efficent(sp) way to
>      do this?  I recently wrote a small php script that sets a cookie
>      and checks it when the user returns.  If the cookie is not
>      present, it sets it and add a record to the db.  The cookie
>      expires after 30
> days.

[snip]