[thelist] Lend me your ears or What language is better??

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 15 13:36:46 CDT 2000

> From: Christopher Ditty <CDitty at email.usps.gov>

[snip]
> language should I have it done in? Php/MySQL, Perl, or Java?  What
> would be the benifits of one over the other?

[snip]

> I am looking for something that will be able to handle all the hits
> that I can throw at it.

the language you choose has a lot less to do with it than the ability
of the coder... any language can suck, and any can be great...

specific benefits in one language are likely countered in another
anyway... in the end, they tend to even out pretty damn well...

obviously, since you're on *nix, ASP is right out, unless you install
something like ChileASP!, so that's a specific technical hurdle the
others you list may not have... beyond that, anything can go... see
what your new coder applicants can do...