[thelist] MS Passport = evil scourge of modern man?

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Wed Aug 16 11:56:08 CDT 2000

A couple of weeks ago, I was having problems with my mail, so I
applied for a hotmail account.  Almost immediately I began getting
email porn spam (at seastorm.com) from hotmail accounts.  This went
on for a couple of weeks, then stopped.

I'm not real bright about cookies... and I think (though I can't
recall for certain) I HAD to accept cookies in order to sign up for a
hotmail account.  I've been wondering... was this a coincidence?  Or
did I get spammed for using hotmail?  And is this common practice?