[thelist] Lightweight Mac Web Server?

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Wed Aug 16 17:40:56 CDT 2000

Hi listees,

I've got a small problem, which so far I've been unable to solve.

I'm looking for a small lightweight web server for my mac (powerbook
G3 / MacOS 9) so I can do site testing while I'm on the road.

Ideally I'm looking for something along the lines of OmniHTTPd, it
only really needs to do CGI (Perl, possibly PHP) and SSI, nothing
fancy.

I've had a look through the evolt archives but couldn't find anything
suitable, and searching on the web just gets me lots of links to
Webstar, which seems like overkill for my purposes.

Does such a beast exist?

TIA

G.

<tip type="Photoshop filters" author="Garrett Coakley">

When Photoshop starts up, it scans through it's plugins directory and
initializes all the plugins it finds. With a lot of filters this can
take quite a while. However, you can get it to ignore specific plugin
directories by putting a tilde (~) in front of the directory name.

i.e.: renaming "digimarc" to "~digimarc"

This is comes in especially handy if you have no need for filters
such as (in the example above) the Digimarc plugin, which activates
everytime you open an image.

</tip>