[thelist] cfmail CR's all %$##$% up?

Seth Bienek - Web Consultant sbienek at acep.org
Thu Aug 17 09:01:38 CDT 2000

Hi Frank,

If you're using CF Server 4.5, your problem is most likely 4.5's whitespace
suppression.  It produces more compact HTML, but it can cause your CFMail
layout to do some freaky things.

Fixing it's easy.  Just tell the server to turn off whitespace suppression
for the cfmail portion of your template.

You can do it by wrapping your cfmail code withing a <cfprocessingdirective>
command.  Like so:

<cfprocessingdirective suppresswhitespace="No">
<cfmail ......>

#dateformat(Now(), "ddd, mmmm d, yyyy")#

Dear #form.First_Name#,

Thank you for contacting [insert client name]!

We'll be contacting you briefly in regards to your query:

#form.First_Name# #form.Last_Name# #form.Company# #form.Phone#
#form.Fax# etc...

</cfmail>
<cfprocessingdirective suppresswhitespace="Yes">

This should fix your problem.. If not, post again and we'll go to plan B.
:)  Not sure exactly what plan b is yet, though..

Hth,

Seth

Seth Bienek
Independent ColdFusion Developer