[thelist] SSI problem

Aylard JA (James) jaylard at equilon.com
Thu Aug 17 17:17:52 CDT 2000

Martha,

> I am using SSI to include my navigation in my files. The problem is that
> instead of replacing the file I want to leave, a new window is opened.

	A couple of things:
* The link problem is not your server-side includes, but instead a <base>
element that directs all of your links to a non-existent target named
"middle", forcing a new window to open.

* Your document is desperately malformed: you've got two <head> elements and
at least two body elements nested together -- bad news. (Looks like this
might have been a frames document at one time that got munched by a WYSIWYG
editor or something -- Either that, or your SSI is including an entire
second document).

	Remove the <base> element and clean up the code, and you should be
okay.

hth,
James Aylard
jaylard at equilon.com