[thelist] open source development network

Daniel J. Cody djc at five2one.org
Mon Aug 21 11:12:35 CDT 2000

Kingorbitao at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/21/00 10:45:05 AM Central Daylight Time,
> djc at five2one.org writes:
>
> << We're also addressing the moderation issue with ratings for articles and
>  some other Cool Things. Thelist will *never* be moderated. The website
>  will be moderated to a point. The moderation comes more from here though
>  than it does from any one or two or three people. >>
>
> If Thelist is never going to be moderated, are we going to start some sort of
> entrance-controls on who can join as to prevent /.-style trolling (i.e. "I
> responded to this question first!!!!! hahahahahahahhahahaha") on Thelist?

There are entrance controls right now actually.. I approve every list
subscription request(not the messages, but just requests for people that
want to get on thelist). I've never not approved anyone, but if someone
abuses, gets booted off and tries to resubscribe, it will be a bit more
difficult for them.

And seriously, I think people realize that this community is a complete
180 from slashdot in the way things are done :)

.djc.