[thelist] Miva Merchant (and other off-the-shelf carts)

Scott Brady sbrady00 at pacbell.net
Mon Aug 21 14:18:56 CDT 2000

I'm working with another web developer with proposing an online store for a
small business.  I'm researching some off-the-shelf shopping cart systems
(so we can propose some off-the-shelf solutions along with a custom-built
one) and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them.

Specifically, our web host (crystaltech) already provides a Miva Merchant
license for their $50 plan, and it looks good (and the demo works pretty
well . . . unlike some other carts I've seen).  Any comments on Miva
Merchant?

We're looking for:
1) Detailed reporting
2) Being able to incorporate the current site's look and feel into the
ordering section.
3) Highly customizable.

Thanks for any help.

Scott Brady