[thelist] FWD: Javascript advice, please

Daniel J. Cody dcody at oracular.com
Mon Aug 21 14:19:42 CDT 2000

Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 20:10:42 +1200
From: "Duncan O'Neill" <dbaxo at ihug.co.nz>
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Javascript advice, please

Hey all,

I'm a Javascript novice, trying to nut out a solution for displaying
random headlines from an Array, and letting the user change them
on mouse click.

I've figured out how to do it by reloading the page and not using
a function, but I want to do it with an onClick event calling a function

which uses document.write....... problem is, when I try this method
the page itself goes blank, the document.write over-writes everything
except the headline. Can someone tell me how I can prevent this
happening?

Any advice gratefully received,

cheers,

Duncan