[thelist] CF Techniques?

Seth Bienek - Web Consultant sbienek at acep.org
Mon Aug 21 15:51:41 CDT 2000

Hi Frank,

> 1) Is there a way of saying "if this page is called with no form
> criteria" without using 10 ParameterExists() for 10 criteria?

ParameterExists() is deprecated.  Use IsDefined() instead.  Actually, in
this case, don't use either (see below). :)

> 2) Is there a way of setting up my query so that it responds to
> either a URL or FORM query, without doubling it in size?

You can re-scope the variables.  Then you're looking at looping through the
variable list all though.. And you're wanting to avoid that, right?

Why not use "Get" instead of "Post" for the original form, and instruct the
action template to look for URL variables?

This will expose your form data in the URL, but you are looking at doing
that anyway, right?

HTH,

Seth