[thelist] Credit Card Processing Software?

Jay Turley jay at weberrific.org
Tue Aug 22 13:39:32 CDT 2000

Hi.

A friend of mine is interested in processing credit cards on his site. I
recommended outsourcing it to a a company that specializes in such-like,
but for the life of me could not remember the name of even one. Also, he is
considering doing the processing himself.

So:

1) What companies out there will process credit-card orders for you (in
return for a percentage of the transaction, I assume)

2) What software is out there to process credit card transactions yourself,
and has anyone had any experience with the package(s).

Thanks ever so much,

<tip type="javacript" subject="cross-browser compatibility">
If you use split() to array-ize a string, you may encounter something
interesting; look at this code:

var agt=navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase();
var is_ie = (agt.indexOf("msie") != -1);

cartContents = "item1|item2|item3|";
items = cartContents.split("|");
var numItems = items.length;

// cross-browser fix ***
if (is_ie) numItems -= 1;
// ***

otherwise, numItems will contain one more than the "expected" number of
items in your IE application. Oddly enough, NS works just fine. Go figure.

</tip>

  http://www.weberrific.org
 "Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology"