[thelist] 1px table borders in netscape (and a vi question)

Erik M. Sabowski sabowski at wam.umd.edu
Tue Aug 22 20:32:17 CDT 2000

I am trying to make tables with a 1px black border using the following
attributes in my table tag:

border="0" cellspacing="1" bgcolor="#000000"

but this doesn't work in netscape, i assume this is because netscape
doesn't support the bgcolor attribute, since it isn't defined in the
HTML 4.0 specification. so in netscape, the borders just end up being the same
color as the background of the page. Is there anyway to get this to work
in netscape?

Also, are there any vi buffs out there? is there anyway to have vi
re-justify the document? I have wrapmargin set to where I like it, and it
works, but the problem is if I go back and enter more words on a line, it
ignores the margin and just extends the line out. So is there a command
that will go through the document and redo the layout so it's once again
inbetween the margins?

#airyk

| Erik M. Sabowski               |
| Computer Assistant, NOAA (NGS) |