[thelist] Online Resume

l a u r a *^* l y n c h cyberminkie at cyberwhirled.com
Wed Aug 23 10:20:11 CDT 2000

I divided mine up for the web, which allowed me to include things not
normally found on a resume (like my philosophy), as well as breaking up what
could potentially be a very long page:

http://www.cyberwhirled.com/laura and then use the resume menu to navigate.
You'll see that there's also a printable version available, which is
essentially just a plain-jane formatted ol' resume (without the extras).

> And...
> Do any of you think that potential employees ever look at an online
> resume.  Just wondering.

Absolutely. Especially considering that emailed resumes often print with
weird carriage returns (making them harder to read), it's nice to be able to
point them to a version that will print nicely. Of course, I also bring my
fancy-shmancy tri-fold brochure version to interviews, but at least they can
print a nicer version before that if they want. Last time I made the rounds,
probably half of the interviewers had printed that version out (and the
majority of those who hadn't had either not printed out the email either or
hadn't visited my portfolio at all).

HTH,

l a u r a *^* l y n c h
design doyen @ cyberwhirled