[thelist] CSS for tables..

rudy limeback r937 at interlog.com
Wed Aug 23 10:52:47 CDT 2000

>   Being new to css, i was wondering if i can apply a style
>to a whole table in the <table> tag and not in every
>width and font.
>
>Is this possible ??

hi eduardo

yes, you can apply one style to all td's in a style sheet like this --

  TD { foo: bar }

and then you don't have to put the style inline in every td tag

so yes, it's possible

however, i would leave cellpadding, cellspacing, table and cell widths in
their html tags, simply because they are for all intents and purposes
bulletproof, and degrade well in non-css browsers

as for font, go ahead and do font-family and colours in the style sheet,
they work fine

however, font size, as you may have heard, is plenty iffy

i'm with erika, a really good strategy is not to touch font sizes at all

rudy limeback
r937.com
evolt.org