[thelist] ASP Question - Querying data from NT login information

Ewing, Christopher CEwing at sscinc.com
Thu Aug 24 07:24:27 CDT 2000

I've never done it before, but I'm pretty sure I can get the NT login name
of a user after they have gone through an NT login on a webserver.

If that is in fact correct, can I also get NT to divulge some further
information about them?  Information out of the NT security profile, things
like first and last name?  The user names we are using for a project are
rather cryptic and instead of building another database to reference, it
would be much easier to just query NT security for the first and last name
for a customization of the site.

Chris