[thelist] RE: HTML test (tip): The other side.

Czechowski, Aaron aczechowski at towson.edu
Thu Aug 24 20:46:09 CDT 2000

	we're currently in the process of hiring some new folks (not web
developers, but tech support, but the ideas are the same), and we're
administering a technical evaluation.  as i tell all of the candidates -
it's not a quantitative exam; there is no right or wrong answer!  It's more
about HOW you get to the answer, how you solve the problem.  not IF you can
solve it.
	I'd like to think that some of these basic html tests have the same
concept in mind.  or rather, a simple weeding-out test, as others have
already mentioned.  we've had scores of candidates soar in the verbal
interview, but sit them in front of a pc and ask them to configure the ip
properties, and their eyes glaze over!
	so to play devil's advocate, just b/c they ask you to code a simple
html table, don't take that to mean that that's what you'll be doing or be
expected to code by hand. (unless they specifically, upfront say that).

hth

Aaron  :)