[thelist] Dress for Success (was: HTML test)

terryfowler.com fowler18 at england.seagull.net
Fri Aug 25 12:56:01 CDT 2000

I was just in my favorite thinking spot kinda thinking about
interviewing and taking an HTML test and stuff and I
suddenly realized I didn't know how to picture myself.
Was I in a suit? Dockers and a polo shirt? jeans and tshirt?

Would a 20 yearold dress different from a 30 yearold? How
about a 47 yearold?

Also, since I've been doing this stuff for about 5 years
now behind a corporate firewall where NN3 is predominant
and it's all engineers so the the uglier the better, do I
have a chance in the real world? If you told me to code to
HTML 3.2 I'd just do what I've been doing all along, but if
you said HTML 4 transitional - well - I'd still do what
I've been doing all along. I have a better idea what to do
with xhtml than HTML 4x.

Okay, that's all for now.

Terry Fowler
Boeing