[thelist] Job Opportunity in San Diego

cate meredith catem at swbell.net
Fri Aug 25 13:41:49 CDT 2000

When I was job hunting this summer, Binary Labs is one of the companies I
targeted.  They called me for an interview but I had already accepted a
position with a Los Angeles company.  I've told them, however, that I'll let
any friends know that there's a great opportunity in San Diego.  So this is
the job description:

BINARYLABS
Transforming Information Into Knowledge
Contact:	Timi Gleason
(858) 274-8520 x 45
tgleason at binarylabs.com

Web Software Engineer

BinaryLabs is a professional services firm providing consulting, design, and
technology services to companies seeking to exploit the instructional
potential of the Internet, personal computers, and wireless devices. We help
companies put their information and content assets to work by creating
e-learning products and improving employee training and performance. Many of
our clients are Fortune 500 companies that require the state-of-the-art
educational technology solutions that we design and develop.

RESPONSIBILITIES:
·	Software engineer with a solid understanding of object-oriented analysis
and design.
·	Applies his or her knowledge in multiple languages or authoring
environments.
·	May specialize in several software applications
·	Assists the Lead Software Enginerr to match, from a variety of options,
the most appropriate software to meet our clients’ requirements.

REQUIRES:
·	Fundamental understanding of n-tier web application development and the
processes required to deliver on-time, quality products within budget.
·	Prefer CS Degree or equivalent from an accredited university and at least
two years experience.
·	Previous experience using n-tier application development technologies in
as many areas as possible: Java (Servlets, EJB, J2EE), Microsoft (ASP,
Interdev, SQL Server) and Oracle (Developer 2000, 8i) or other related
technologies.
·	A broad range of experience will be helpful in making key technology
decisions.
·	Cross-browser compatibility experience helpful.
·	Excellent oral and written communication skills and teamwork required.

Required for JAVA Engineers:  JSP, servlets, EJB, and experience with RDT
Rapid Development Technologies (examples: Websphere, and a combination of
Dreamweaver/Visual Age for Java)

LIFESTYLE: Our facilities are two blocks from the boardwalk at Pacific Beach
in San Diego. Our company has about 30 employees, is growing fast, and we
work in an environment that is friendly and supports casual dress.  Bicycles
welcome.

BENEFITS:  BinaryLabs offers competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits,
a 401-k, three (3) weeks of vacations to start, bonus/stock programs, and
plenty of time for a refreshing walk on the beach at lunch.  Off-street
parking provided.

YOUR PORTFOLIO: With your resume, please include any appropriate references
to sites that you have engineered and a description of your role in creating
them.