[thelist] Dress for Success (was: HTML test)

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Fri Aug 25 14:31:32 CDT 2000

Erika Meyer wrote on 25/8/00 7:20 pm

>>Was I in a suit? Dockers and a polo shirt? jeans and tshirt?
>
>I think that in the job search end, the jeans thing is out. (it's
>kind of 80's retro). I was just at a high tech career fair (Portland,
>OR) and it seems that dockers and a polo would be the winner for the
>20-40 year old set.

I think the 'anything from Gap' thing still goes. don't know about
women, but for men, nice shirt (no tie) and chinos is pretty
much standard.

Unless you're working in a bank of course.

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at members.evolt.org              PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
  tel: +44 (0)778 068 6418                snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
 http://evolt.org/index.cfm?menu=9&uid=32            Edinburgh, Scotland