[thelist] breaking into the web design caper

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 26 08:07:11 CDT 2000

> From: "Duncan O'Neill" <dbaxo at ihug.co.nz>
>
>   sites which give general information on which skills or
>   combination of skills would put me where in the web design industry.
>   Like which skills are considered 'core' or basic entry requirements,
>     and which skills will place me at the  say for example, the 'low'
>   end of the spectrum, and what I'd need to work at   the 'top' end.
>   What people hiring web designers expect.....

wanna go play Unreal Tournament since i got my work done, but
first i thought i'd throw a bone out here:

Web Skill & Salary Guide
http://evolt.org/index.cfm?menu=8&cid=2266

the least grossly inaccurate report i've found... i used it to try to
come up with job descriptions... then i wrote my own...

but it should give you an idea, even though i may not agree with a
lot of it...