[thelist] Re: Pics (was: Dress for Success)

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sun Aug 27 17:19:17 CDT 2000

<tip type='no usability means no users'>
Madhu Menon wrote on 27/8/00 8:09 pm
>You spend all that money on advertising your site, and your stats tell you
>that the average user session goes across two pages only? What on earth?

Or worse, one page. Way back I worked on a site which only had the tiniest
preview unless you registered (no, *not* a porn site). Registration
usability sucked and so hey, no customers. The site stats were almost
entirely composed of the home page. The site had had significant ad money
spent on promoting it, so lots of people hit the home page, but
got no further.

So folks, think safely with your usability.

This stuff matters.
</tip>

email: martin at members.evolt.org              PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
  tel: +44 (0)778 068 6418                snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
 http://evolt.org/index.cfm?menu=9&uid=32            Edinburgh, Scotland